Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Card Garland

One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is sending and receiving cards. Every year, I hang our Christmas cards around the backdoor with tape. It looks cute and festive but I knew there had to be a better way. Here is Christmas Card Garland that my mom and I designed together. The pictures really do not give this garland justice. Each light bulb is glittery and sparkly and holds a Christmas card.

Christmas Card Garland
I received my inspiration from 

 Materials:
scissors
laundry clips (medium size)
ribbon/rope (9 ft)
marker
Felt (glittery white, glittery red, dark grey, light grey)
light bulb stencil (made my own)
hot glue gun

Directions:
Trace 24 light bulbs onto dark grey felt with the stencil.
Cut the end off of the light bulb stencil and trace 12 white light bulbs and 12 red light bulbs.
Cut out several very skinny strips of light grey felt. Cut light grey strips into 48 little pieces. Do not stress over making the pieces the perfect size, just cut the pieces about an inch or so long and trim them later after gluing onto bulbs.
Here is a look at what the pieces look like for each Christmas light bulb. 
Carefully, hot glue the white and red felt pieces on top of dark grey and the light grey pieces across the top. 
(I tried to use Elmer's or craft glue, but neither worked.)
Space out the 24 laundry clips across the ribbon/rope. Hot glue into place.
Hot glue the bulbs (alternating red and white) onto the laundry clips.

Once cooled, hang with green garland or by itself on a doorway and add your Christmas cards!
Merry Christmas!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment